December's Book is Masters of War by Chris Ryan... no really it is

Monday, 2 July 2012

“You're bound to get idears if you go thinkin' about stuff”
The Grapes of Wrath is a book I've been inspired to put on my shortlist since I realised that I had a few songs in my record collection which were inspired by the book and the John Ford film adaptation.

Having looked the book up, it seems it would be a timely read at the moment too....


"No, you’re wrong there—quite wrong there. The bank is something else than men. It happens that every man in a bank hates what the bank does, and yet the bank does it. The bank is something more than men, I tell you. It’s the monster. Men made it, but they can’t control it.”





Are there many other books that have inspired lots of songs down through the decades like this?

2 comments:

  1. excellent. Carm read this recently -- the book -- and was blown away

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good recommendation then, will definately have to get a copy and read it soon.

    ReplyDelete