I'm the same, Radio 4 just makes me feel too pretentious, as do Marks and Spencer carrier bags. Working class hang-ups? inverted snobbery? Maybe just a bit weird?
I don't just like Radio 4, I appear to be addicted to their podcasts. I draw the line at the Archers though. HATE the Archers. We have a joke in our house that whenever the music comes on it indicates that the radio needs to be switched off. There are other shows on there I hate too, but the Archers is the ultimate in R4 smugness and unreality.
I'm the same, Radio 4 just makes me feel too pretentious, as do Marks and Spencer carrier bags. Working class hang-ups? inverted snobbery? Maybe just a bit weird?
ReplyDeleteAha - just found the blog. Now I am no longer on the evil Facebook, this must not become my new favourite waste of time.
ReplyDeleteI am unashamedly a Radio 4 listener. Sorry.
I liked those Writers Room features. Peter York's was my favourite.
I don't just like Radio 4, I appear to be addicted to their podcasts. I draw the line at the Archers though. HATE the Archers. We have a joke in our house that whenever the music comes on it indicates that the radio needs to be switched off. There are other shows on there I hate too, but the Archers is the ultimate in R4 smugness and unreality.
ReplyDelete